Hey guys, this is Heath from RPM! 😀
Its been too long since you guys had an update on production and what else we’ve been up to! First off, here’s a production update on the Kickstarter.
Kickstarter Production Update:
We are slowly inching towards getting everything tweaked and ready for casting! The amazing Patrick Keith is working hard on some of our base goal models that needed some extra attention…so you guys know, here’s what all we need to do to get the base level models ready for production:
- Fix Kira’s ankle; its too thin and has a high potential to break, and as the main point that connects to the base it needs to be beefed up.
- Remove the bow string from Fynn’s crossbow. It is either remove it or make the bowstring thicker, and Patrick and I agree just removing it is the easiest option.
- Separate Tank’s right arm and shoulder armor from the body to ease casting. All the spikes on the shoulder plate would tear up any molds,
- Adjust Ibexus’s head. This is the biggest undertaking. His grumpy giant head needs to be broken into a few pieces, which might take a bit of 3D resculpting instead of just tweaking the masters.
- Roland is pretty solid casting wise, but I’ve got him in Patrick’s hands to give him a once-over to make sure there’s no issues.
- Lastly, Jon just needs to be sculpted! Knowing Mr. Keith’s talents and how well he handled Rayna, we cant wait to see what he produces! 😀
Now, besides mini’s, we also promised an Art of Wander book as one of the Add-Ons to the campaign…we’ll, laying it out has been a surprising challenge, but we are nearly done with it! There’s still lots of editing and a few extra pages that need to be filled, but so far its coming along nicely! Right now the format is 5.5″ x 8.5″, here’s a sample of the cover and a few interior pages for you guys:
We are basically jamming everything we’ve artistically got into that thing! We cant wait to see the final printed product. Now, besides the Kickstarter, I talked a lot during the campaign about a board game we were developing that all these models will be playable in! You guys need to be updated on the progress with that as well! 😉
Board Game Update:
Before I go too deep into talking about the board game, let me make this painfully clear…*EVERYTHING* is prone to change. Now for the update!